Few makeup brands use placenta in their products, but one well-known brand is biocell. Placenta is a rich source of nutrients and growth factors that help regenerate and nourish the skin.
While some people may find the idea of using placenta-based cosmetics strange, many experts consider it a natural and safe ingredient. One of the most popular placenta-based brands is biocell, which offers a range of skincare items such as eye creams, serums, and moisturizers. These products containing placenta extract are said to boost collagen production, improve skin tone, and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. However, it’s essential to note that placental cosmetics do not come from human placenta, but rather animal placenta such as sheep and pigs. Placental cosmetics have gained popularity among those looking for anti-aging and rejuvenation skincare products.
Understanding Placenta In Makeup
What Is Placenta?
Placenta is an organ that develops in a pregnant woman’s uterus to provide nutrients and oxygen to the growing fetus. It is comprised of fetal and maternal tissues, which together form a unique blend of bioactive compounds like proteins, peptides, amino acids, and vitamins.
These compounds make placenta an attractive ingredient for use in cosmetics, particularly in high-end makeup brands.
Role Of Placenta In Makeup
Placenta is considered a “miracle ingredient” in beauty and skincare products. Due to its robust blend of bioactive compounds, placenta has been shown to offer several benefits for the skin, including stimulating cell growth, improving hydration, and promoting collagen production.
In makeup, placenta is commonly used in formulations that offer anti-aging benefits such as reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Types Of Placenta Used In Makeup
Placenta used in cosmetics typically comes from either sheep, cows or pigs. However, some brands advocate for ethical and sustainable sourcing, and prefer to harvest placenta from botanical sources like soybeans or rice.
There are two types of placenta commonly used in makeup; these are:
- Placental protein: this type of placenta is extracted from animal placentas and is used in makeup for its regenerative, nourishing, and rejuvenating benefits.
- Plant-based placenta: this type of placenta is sourced from plant cells and is commonly used in vegan makeup products. It also offers regenerative, nourishing, and rejuvenating properties, without using any animal-derived products.
With the growing demand for organic and natural beauty products, more brands are now utilizing plant-based placenta in their formulations.
Popular Makeup Brands That Use Placenta
Makeup brands have been using placenta in their products for decades. Placenta is known to contain a variety of proteins and nutrients that are beneficial for the skin. If you’re curious which makeup brands use placenta, we’ve got you covered.
In this article, we’ll highlight three popular makeup brands that use placenta in their products. Let’s dive in with the first brand.
Brand 1: Description Of The Brand And Its Makeup Products Containing Placenta
- Brand 1 is a well-known makeup brand that values natural ingredients in their products. They use placenta in some of their makeup products due to its rejuvenating properties.
- The following are some examples of brand 1’s makeup products that contain placenta:
- Placenta face powder
- Placenta infused lipstick
- Placenta moisturizing foundation
- Brand 1’s placenta-infused makeup products are designed to give the user a youthful, radiant look. The placenta in the products helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while also moisturizing the skin.
Brand 2: Description Of The Brand And Its Makeup Products Containing Placenta
- Brand 2 is a well-known makeup brand that offers high-quality products at an affordable price. They also use placenta in some of their makeup products due to its skincare benefits.
- The following are some examples of brand 2’s makeup products that contain placenta:
- Placenta mascara
- Placenta eye shadow
- Placenta blush
- Brand 2’s placenta-infused makeup products are designed to nourish and protect the delicate skin around the eyes. The placenta in the products also helps to reduce puffiness and dark circles, giving the user a more wide-eyed and awake look.
Brand 3: Description Of The Brand And Its Makeup Products Containing Placenta
- Brand 3 is a luxury makeup brand that prides itself on using high-quality, natural ingredients in their products. They also use placenta in some of their makeup products due to its nutrient-rich properties.
- The following are some examples of brand 3’s makeup products that contain placenta:
- Placenta infused serum
- Placenta cc cream
- Placenta highlighter
- Brand 3’s placenta-infused makeup products are designed to give the user a flawless complexion. The placenta in the products helps to reduce the appearance of dark spots and hyperpigmentation, while also promoting skin elasticity and a more youthful appearance.
There are many makeup brands that use placenta in their products due to its valuable skincare benefits. Brands 1, 2, and 3 are just a few examples of popular makeup brands that incorporate placenta in their makeup products. If you’re interested in trying out some placenta-infused makeup products, be sure to check out these brands and their offerings.
Benefits And Limitations Of Placenta In Makeup
As more people are becoming conscious of what ingredients they put on their skin, makeup brands are turning towards unconventional ingredients to stand out in the market. Placenta, the organ that develops in the uterus during pregnancy, has been gaining popularity as a skincare ingredient.
It’s not surprising to find some makeup brands using placenta in their products. This blog post will focus on the benefits and limitations of placenta-based makeup.
Benefits Of Placenta-Based Makeup Products
- Placenta extract contains numerous nutrients, including hyaluronic acid, amino acids, and peptides, which promote skin rejuvenation and brightening.
- Placenta-based makeup products may provide a boost of collagen production, which can improve skin elasticity and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Placenta extract in makeup products may improve skin texture, resulting in a smoother and more even complexion.
- Some women have reported an improvement in skin moisture and hydration levels with the use of placenta-based makeup products.
Limitations And Risks Associated With Placenta-Based Makeup Products
- Animal placenta is often used in makeup products because it’s cheaper and more accessible. However, animal placenta may not be as beneficial and safe as human placenta.
- There is a risk of contamination of placenta extract, which can lead to skin irritation and allergic reactions.
- Placenta extract in makeup products may not contain the claimed amount of actual placental protein or nutrients.
- There is a lack of clinical trials and scientific evidence to support the benefits of placenta-based makeup products.
While placenta-based makeup products have some potential benefits for the skin, there are also risks associated with their use. As always, it’s crucial to do your research, read ingredients lists, and patch-test any new makeup products before using them regularly.
Frequently Asked Questions For What Makeup Brands Use Placenta?
1. What Are Some Makeup Brands That Use Placenta In Their Products?
Some makeup brands that use placenta in their products include biologique recherche, makethemake, and babor.
2. What Is The Purpose Of Placenta In Makeup Products?
Placenta is included in makeup products due to its regenerative properties that help improve skin texture, promote collagen production, and reduce inflammation.
3. Is Placenta Safe For Use In Makeup Products?
Yes, the placenta used in makeup products is typically sourced from cows and is processed to remove any harmful substances. However, those with allergies should use these products with caution.
4. Why Do Some People Avoid Makeup Products That Contain Placenta?
Some people avoid placenta-containing makeup products due to ethical concerns regarding the sourcing of the placenta, or due to personal beliefs regarding the use of animal-derived products.
5. What Other Benefits Does Placenta Offer In Cosmetic Products?
In addition to promoting skin regeneration, placenta in makeup products can provide anti-aging benefits, hydration, and can help improve overall skin tone.
While placenta may not be a familiar ingredient in makeup products, some brands have been incorporating it due to its supposed benefits for the skin. Brands like biologique recherche, elemis, and japan’s placenta white have all developed placenta-infused products, ranging from masks, serums to creams.
Whether or not you choose to use placenta-infused makeup is entirely up to you and your personal beliefs. However, it’s essential to be aware of what we put on our skin and understand the ingredients that go into making them.
As the trend towards natural, organic, and sustainable skincare continues, placenta may become less popular in beauty products. Nonetheless, it’s up to us to make informed choices when it comes to choosing what to put on our skin.